Monday, July 14, 2008

My version of “I Just Forgot” by Mercer Mayer

A while ago Brandt and I went camping with our good friends and neighbors Jessie and Sean, they live across the street (which in a trailer court it’s about 5 feet away). This was our first time ever having a more active role in planning a camping trip, so Brandt and I were way excited. We planned for this thing months in advance and it was only an overnighter.

Brandt remembered to bring his GPS and Palm Pilot…

I remembered to bring my eyelash curler…

We remembered to bring starbursts to roast on the fire, yumm…

Brandt even remembered to bring his “invention” to make biscuits for breakfast, which, by the way turned out beautiful!

See!

But we forgot to bring enough cash to pay for the camping spot at Bear Lake. Luckily we had enough loose change in our cars to pay the rest of the $23 fee. We also realized once we got there that all 4 of our tin foil dinners were still in our refrigerator at home, oops! So after we set up our tent, we drove to the town and had pizza. I hope that this doesn’t make people not want to go camping with us. I promise Brandt and I have learned from our mistakes.

3 comments:

Gentry said...

You guys are so funny! Brandt, your inventions are amazing! And I love the eyelash curler Val! Never leave home without it! I love that Bear Lake Pizza place! Isn't it the one with the HUGE pizza you can buy for like $80.00 and it feeds like 25 people??

Wade said...

Hey Val

Sounds like you had fun. You are so funny of all things to remember The eye lash curler. You make me laugh. We need to get together before school starts, go to lunch and talk about the portfolios.

Jessi said...

Hahaha...who could ever call you two 'forgetful' when you remembered to bring all that other super important camping gear:) You know it and we know it, that camping trip was a blast:) SO relaxing! Besides, who needs tinfoil dinners when you have the famous pizza place right down the road?:)