Wednesday, July 16, 2008

July 2nd to July 6th

My Family had a 5-day Reunion. Usually this would sound crazy but it was on my moms side and all I can say is that Mexicans and Polynesians sure know how to party! Unfortunately on the 2nd I was studying all night for a final for one of my classes. And on the 3rd I was taking a final and had to miss out going to Lake Jordanelle to Jet Ski with my family. This was a good thing though because I am allergic to something that is in that specific lake and 4 of the times that I have gone there I have broken out into hives. So instead Brandt and I went to see the Granite High School fire works with my friends. I was a little worried about how good the fire works would be if it was anything like the girl who sang the National Anthem, if so then we were in for a pitchy treat (Gavin, you know what I mean). Fortunately we were so impressed with how good the fire works were. I swear that the finally was 5 min. long.


On the 4th of July Brandt went golfing with the Davis’s which he does every year –all 18 holes. Later that night we had a big potluck dinner with my family and watched the fire works at Provo. They must have spent all of their money on getting Hannah Montana to perform there and ran out of money for the fireworks, GHS was so much better. But it was nice to see family that I haven’t seen in a really long time!


Along with everyone else, Brandt is just in love with my cousin Julie’s little baby. Isn’t she a cutie pie! Everyone knows that once Brandt holds her, no one else can hold her the rest of the night because he has got her.


On July 5th my family had a talent show. Ethan my nephew played his violin for everyone. I was so proud of him, he didn’t look nervous or mess up! Way to go Ethan!!!


On Sunday July 6th after church we had lunch together and a family home evening. This is a picture of my family with my grandma Escobedo.


And of course it isn’t the 4th of July without our tradition of Brandt painting my toenails. Good job babe, you did wonderful as you usually do!!!

4 comments:

Gentry said...

As I was reading this post, I was thinking to myself, "Oh I wonder if Brandt has painted Val's toenails this year for the holiday", and then low and behold, there they were! HAHA! Funny! Sounds like a fun time!

Sally said...

Love the toes!

Janese said...

Hey Valerie! It looks like you guys had an awesome 4th of July! What a cute family you have! Your cousin's little girl is such a doll! How are things? Every time we come to Logan, we have to make a special trip through the wonderful trailer court!! What great memories!

Regan and Annie Duckworth said...

Way cute toes. I miss you girls.