Saturday, June 07, 2008

Garden Fever



I have never been the garden type of person. Last year the only reason we had a garden is because my sweet momita saw all of my overgrown weeds and weeded and planted tomatoes for me when she came to visit us in Logan. This time when my mom came to visit me she once again saw my weeds and started to weed it for me. Although my mom likes to weed and garden I wanted her to relax during her visit, so I made her stop weeding and I promised her that I would weed and garden. Brandt and I planted tomatoes, cherry tomatoes (my favorite), cucumbers, and pumpkins. Later we will plant lettuce and peas. I am proud to say that gardening is definitely growing on me!

6 comments:

Gentry said...

Ok guys, you put my garden to shame. The cute little mounds and hills like they say to do it so they are properly watered. I'm just thankful to have finally gotten my plants in the ground. I'll have to post a picture of our garden, just don't compare to yours!! You guys are awesome! (I love Cherry tomatoes too Val!)

Sally said...

That is so great! I wish I could plant a garden.

Kyle and Janell said...

Hey, I can see our old trailer in the first picture! We sure miss living there by you guys. Your garden looks really nice and we love the new hog in the last post. Sweet!

jaci said...

way to go, girl! I wish I had a little patch to grow some stuff. Is there still time to plant? I need to get into that..it looks so fun!

Wade said...

Hey Val
Looks like you are having a great summer. You are very ambitious with all those plants. All we have is 1 tomato and strawberries. The dog eats them before we even know they are ripe. Talk to you again soon:)

Regan and Annie Duckworth said...

Looks like fun, but I am kinda glad that I don't have yard. I am not ready for that kind of responsibility yet.