Thursday, June 10, 2010

1st Disney Experience!

I am 26 years old and this was my very first time I have ever been to DISNEYLAND. (Yes, I know that I was a deprived child.) For many years now I have had family and friends tell me everything about it, what to do when you are there, their favorite things there, etc. Since I am not a young (un-deprived) girl going for her first time, I thought that I could tell you what things I learned while at Disneyland.


#1. I learned that Sully is very nice in person!


#2. I learned that despite Captain Hook's huge friendly smile on his face, he may try to still your ring. Huh, Gentry!


#3. I learned that if you show your excitement to be at Disneyland people may take your picture and put it as a screen saver without your permission!


#4. I learned that Mallory is a little dare devil on Dumbo, going up and down with ease. I must say that I am really glad that her and I got to go on this for our 1st time together!


#5. I learned that my husband belongs to a secret club, so secret that I really shouldn't be posting this online. I retract statement #5 .


#6. I learned that the best time to be in the park is when it is raining. You can get on a ride without a wait and possibly get stuck on a ride!


#7. I learned that at the Happiest Place on Earth the signs really mean the opposite of what they say and that this particular ride you may walk off without your phone. Huh, Jannie!


#8. This one is for Sally! I learned that if one of your dear friends comes to visit you in Disneyland don't let them leave without taking a picture together. This was the best I could do. By the way Sally, I LOVED this drink right up to the last sip!


#9. I learned that when you buy a Dole Whip they make it to look like the Matterhorn. By "they," I really mean Brandt. The things you waste your time on.


#10. I learned that the LONG wait to get on this ride is very worth it! It was one of my top rides!


#11. I learned that I really like to take cheesy pictures!!! Look what might be a screen saver now. I just need to brake into your work now. Karma, karma, karma!


#12. I learned that when you go for your first time that they decorate it for your favorite holiday. Thanks you guys for calling them in advance for me. It really made it extra special!


#13. I learned that no matter what kind of shoes you bring, you will get bruises on your feet from walking like a pioneer walked, and walked, and walked, and walked. But worth every second.


#14. I learned that you can't control little kids that may at the last second decide to pop into your perfectly good picture. Some people's children. Oh look, her dad is doing it too. That's where she gets it from.


4 comments:

Annie Duckworth said...

I learned that I want to go to Disneyland.

Anonymous said...

Yea for Disneyland!! I'm glad you posted something Val! I miss your face and it's good to see some pics at least!

Sally said...

yummy mint julipes!! oh i miss them! It sure was fun to see you there!

Britty Jensen said...

Looks like it was a lot of fun and I'm glad that you both got to go togeather!
B. Jensen