Saturday, November 01, 2008

"Trick or Triit"



As you can see we had a little theme for our pumpkins this year, but aside from that and the title I will spare you from any more "ii" jokes. It was another fairly uneventful Halloween this year. I guess that seems to be the way it goes until you have kids, so I will have to enjoy it while I can, although I have to admit the kids look pretty dang cute in those costumes.



Val and our neighbor Jessie took a couple of kids from the ward around because their mom was at home with a new-born and the dad is in the military, so that was a fun glimpse into the future for her.



I on the other hand stayed home to pass out candy to all 25 of the kids that came by (that is however triple last years turn-out) and as I do every year spent several hours doing my pumpkins. It is always something for me to look forward to and I even bought one of those fake pumpkins to try out this year. I am going to see how it turns out and if I like it I will use those from now on so I can just keep the ones I do and add to the collection each year. Well, hope everyone had a good Halloween this year, and now it's time to start letting out your pants in preparation for the "Real Holidays!"




4 comments:

Shah said...

"Real Holidays"! Can't wait. Oh, so by my calculations you had 8.33 kids come by last year... That 1\3 of a kid must have had one costume to remember!

Gentry said...

Once again, you out do yourself on the pumpkins! I love them! So did the fake pumpkin work well? I'm curious. I think that would be an awesome idea to keep all your pumpkins. It sad to throw them away each year.....kinda the way I feel each year about the gingerbread houses! Love ya!

Jessi said...

I had no idea you had a fake pumpkin, but I guess that is the idea:) Which one was it? They all looked great to me, even if the candle on that one kept going out mysteriously:)

Anonymous said...

Brandt, it's time you stop claiming my work as your own. People want, and deserve the truth. Give the people what they want.