Sunday, November 09, 2008

Something To Think About...

I went bowling with all of my special ed. students on Friday and they taught me a valuable lesson. Each one of them would get all excited after they bowled, it didn’t matter what their score was or the fact that they only knocked down 2 or 3 pins each turn, they were happy. They weren’t competitive, just happy for the opportunity to bowl. If they can be so happy over something so simple, it makes me wish we could all look at the positive side of things.

5 comments:

Sally said...

That is so cute. I think you are lucky to be around such opptimistic people!

Sara said...

Isn't it amazing what we take for granted! I have noticed a similar thing with Hailey. She finds the greatest joy out of the simplest things! Oh..if only I were that good =)

Anonymous said...

Val T --I'm so proud of what you have chosen to do for your profession! What wonderful and unique lessons you will continue to learn! I love you.

Jessi said...

Couldn't agree with you more. O' and I love the picture Val. We all need to try harder to follow in the footsteps of your students:)

Lignell Family said...

VAL!! I'm so happy you havea blog... now we can stay connected!! Can you believe how old we are?? I mean come on I have a KID!! Crazy! We need to get together! I Love Ya!!