Friday, February 15, 2008

We Finally Broke the Valentines Day Curse!!!



Well we have had our fair share of really bad Valentines Days. To the point that last year we gave up and didn’t celebrate the dang holiday. Our first Valentines Day, Brandt chipped his front tooth on a “soft” taco and that pretty much ended that night early. Our second Valentines Day, I had food poisoning (need I say more). Our third Valentines Day, we bought a new piece of furniture and not knowing we both let go of it at the same time and it fell, causing a big hole in our wall and the piece of furniture broke right in half. Later that night we went to eat at Chili’s and the waitress spilled my drink right on my crouch and it looked like I peed my pants from the front and the back.
This Valentines Day we decided to put all of that behind us and start all over. This time it ended up being the best Valentines Day ever! After I woke up in the morning and while Brandt was at work I found a poem from Brandt on my dresser and it was a beginning of a treasure hunt. Brandt had little hearts hidden all over our house, each with a gift and all the hearts had little clever and personal sayings that Brandt wrote. It was so cute, and on the backside of the heart it had a clue as to where the next gift was. I took a picture of all the gifts and hearts that he gave me. It was the sweetest surprise that Brandt has ever done for me. I am so blessed to be married to him!!! Brandt is the BEST and I love him so much!
Later that night we went out to eat and then saw the movie 27 Dresses. I gave Brandt a sugar cookie that I frosted, a really nice coat, and golf shoes because he seriously can’t stop talking about how excited he is to go every day for free, thanks to his job.

2 comments:

Gentry said...

Oh, Brandty! You are sooo cute! Shah and I gave each other the same gift. It was pretty funny! At least our cards were different!
Love you guys!!

Shah said...

Everyday for free!!! Are you guys hiring?